From Senthilvel Rangaswamy <senthil...@gmail.com>
Subject one node with very high loads
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 16:25:04 GMT
We are running 1.1.2 on m1.xlarge with ephemeral store for data. We are
seeing very high loads on one
of the nodes in the ring, 30+.

The node is not doing any compaction, or streaming. Yet, there seems to be
lot of disk i/o activity. What
could be the reason ? If it is high reads, I expect it to be across the
cluster.

 cassandra]$ nodetool tpstats
Pool Name                    Active   Pending      Completed   Blocked  All
time blocked
ReadStage                        32        72       44327505
0                 0
RequestResponseStage              0         0      168321146
0                 0
MutationStage                    32       588      109240939
0                 0
ReadRepairStage                   0         0        3264320
0                 0
ReplicateOnWriteStage             8         8       20080122
0                 0
GossipStage                       0         0        1617877
0                 0
AntiEntropyStage                  0         0             14
0                 0
MigrationStage                    0         0              7
0                 0
MemtablePostFlusher               0         0           1432
0                 0
StreamStage                       0         0              8
0                 0
FlushWriter                       0         0           1432
0                 0
MiscStage                         0         0              0
0                 0
commitlog_archiver                0         0              0
0                 0
AntiEntropySessions               0         0              0
0                 0
InternalResponseStage             0         0              3
0                 0
HintedHandoff                     0         0           1169
0                 0

Message type           Dropped
RANGE_SLICE                  0
READ_REPAIR             227246
BINARY                       0
READ                   6743268
MUTATION              10662391
REQUEST_RESPONSE            35

--
..Senthil

"If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it
 caught and shot now."
                                                    - Douglas Adams.