From Amit Handa <amithand...@gmail.com>
Subject Facing problem while configuring key and row cache
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 14:18:03 GMT
hi all,

I am exploring apache cassandra 1.1.3. I am facing problem with how to
improve performance of cassandra using caching configurations.

I modified key_cache_size_in_mb and row_cache_size_in_mb values inside
cassandra.yaml.
key_cache_size_in_mb: 20008
 row_cache_size_in_mb: 14000

Please let me know how to verify that the setting for key_cache_size and
row_chache_size has taken place.

When i am checking that this particular configuration are really been
configured using command:
./nodetool -h 107.108.189.212 cfstats

it's showing following results for keySpace DemoUser and column Family
Users:
*Keyspace: DemoUser
    Read Count: 21914
    Read Latency: 0.08268495026010769 ms.
    Write Count: 87656
    Write Latency: 0.06009481381765082 ms.
    Pending Tasks: 0
        Column Family: Users
        SSTable count: 1
        Space used (live): 1573335
        Space used (total): 1573335
        Number of Keys (estimate): 22016
        Memtable Columns Count: 0
        Memtable Data Size: 0
        Memtable Switch Count: 1
        Read Count: 21914
        Read Latency: 0.083 ms.
        Write Count: 87656
        Write Latency: 0.060 ms.
        Pending Tasks: 0
        Bloom Filter False Postives: 0
        Bloom Filter False Ratio: 0.00000
        Bloom Filter Space Used: 41104
        Compacted row minimum size: 150
        Compacted row maximum size: 179
        Compacted row mean size: 179 *

I am unable to see the effect of key_cache_size_in_mb and
row_cache_size_in_mb.

With Regards,
Amit