From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Composite Column Slice query, wildcard first component?
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 21:57:58 GMT
> Is there a way to create a slice query that returns all columns where the _second_ component
is A?
No.
You can only get a contiguous slice of columns.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 16/08/2012, at 7:21 AM, Mike Hugo <mike@piragua.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Given a row like this
>
> "key1" => (A:A:C), (A:A:B), (B:A:C), (B:C:D)
>
> Is there a way to create a slice query that returns all columns where the _second_ component
is A?  That is, I would like to get back the following columns by asking for columns where
component[0] = * and component[1] = A

> (A:A:C), (A:A:B), (B:A:C)
>
> I could do some iteration and figure this out in more of a brute force manner, I'm just
curious if there's anything built in that might be more efficient