From Ahmed Ababne <ahmedabab...@yahoo.com>
Subject cassandra unable to start after upgrading to 1.1
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 09:18:20 GMT
Hi

I am running 12.04 Ubuntu, and had cassandra ubuntu packaged installation.

I have just upgraded cassandra from 1.0 to 1.1.

I followed the step provided by this link http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/install/upgrading

Anyway, when I try to start cassandra using the command: sudo cassandra -f
It returns the following error without starting cassandra:

xss =  -ea -javaagent:/usr/share/cassandra/lib/jamm-0.2.5.jar -XX:+UseThreadPriorities -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy=42
-Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -Xmn200M -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Xss128k

I would be thankful, if anybody can give me an idea on what to do to successfully start cassandra?

Thanks