Can you provide an example where you add data, run a CQL statement in cqlsh that does not work and maybe list the data in the CLI.

cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton

On 16/07/2012, at 8:25 PM, Thierry Templier wrote:

Hello Aaron,

I try to simulate a composition relationship within a single column family / table (for example, an entity and its fields). I dynamically add columns the contained elements.

Let's take an example. Here is my table definition with CQL 3:

CREATE TABLE "Entity" (
   "id" varchar,
   "name" varchar,
   PRIMARY KEY ("id")
);

If I want to store an entity with its two fields, I'll have the following fields:

id: "myentityid"
name: "myentityname"
fields.0.id: "myfield1id"
fields.0.name: "myfield1name"
fields.1.id: "myfield2id"
fields.1.name: "myfield2name"

When accessing Cassandra data through Astyanax, I get all fields on a "load" operation but not from a CQL3 request.

Thanks very much for your help.
Thierry

Can you provide an example ?

select * should return all the columns from the CF.

Cheers