The system was then restarted once.

Now when we tried to access the keyspace 'XYZ' ,it says it cannot locate 'XYZ'. ( I am trying to access it through a java app ,also through cqlsh and cassandra-cli)

And when i try to recreate the keyspace 'XYZ' ,it gives a Ttransport exception. The keyspace 'DA' folder still exists in the hard disk.  I am not able to access it.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:33 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
Sounds like this problem in 1.1.0 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4219 upgrade if you are on 1.1.0

If not please paste the entire exception.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer

On 6/07/2012, at 1:32 AM, puneet loya wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rob Coli <rcoli@palominodb.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Subject: Re: cassandra on re-Start
To: user@cassandra.apache.org

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 5:43 AM, puneet loya <puneetloya@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I restarted the system , it is showing the keyspace does not exist.
> Not even letting me to create the keyspace with the same name again.

Paste the error you get.

=Robert Coli
AIM&GTALK - rcoli@palominodb.com
YAHOO - rcoli.palominob
SKYPE - rcoli_palominodb

The name of the keyspace is DA.
On tryinh to create the keyspace it is giving an exception.
I am getting a Ttransport exception for creating the keyspace.

Previous keyspace 'DA"  that was created still exists. Because when i checked the folders,the folder with name 'DA' still exists but i cannot access it.