Thanks Tamar and all.. :)
Since I want to do queries like SELECT * FROM counters WHERE CounterColumnName>1; I want to index my counter columns, and I use the following code. But I get the following error
Exception in thread "main" me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HInvalidRequestException: InvalidRequestException(why:No indexed columns present in by-columns clause with "equals" operator)

void indexColumn(String idxColumnName,String CountercfName){

        Cluster cluster = HFactory.getOrCreateCluster(
BasicConf.CASSANDRA_CLUSTER, BasicConf.CLUSTER_PORT);
        KeyspaceDefinition keyspaceDefinition = cluster.describeKeyspace(BasicConf.KEYSPACE);

        List<ColumnFamilyDefinition> cdfs = keyspaceDefinition.getCfDefs();
        ColumnFamilyDefinition cfd = null;
        for(ColumnFamilyDefinition c:cdfs){
        if(c.getName().toString().equals(CountercfName)) {
        System.out.println(c.getName());
        cfd=c;
        break;
        }
        }

        BasicColumnFamilyDefinition columnFamilyDefinition = new BasicColumnFamilyDefinition(cfd);

        BasicColumnDefinition bcdf = new BasicColumnDefinition();
        bcdf.setName(StringSerializer.get().toByteBuffer(idxColumnName));
        bcdf.setIndexName(idxColumnName+"index");
        bcdf.setIndexType(ColumnIndexType.KEYS);
        bcdf.setValidationClass(ComparatorType.COUNTERTYPE.getClassName());

        columnFamilyDefinition.addColumnDefinition(bcdf);
        cluster.updateColumnFamily(new ThriftCfDef(columnFamilyDefinition));

}