agree.

It's a good idea to remove as many variables and possible and get to a stable/known state. Use a clean install and a well known client and see if the problems persist.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton

On 5/07/2012, at 4:58 PM, Tristan Seligmann wrote:

On Jul 4, 2012 2:02 PM, "Vasileios Vlachos" <vasileiosvlachos@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any ideas what could be causing strange message lengths?

One cause of this that I've seen is a client using unframed Thrift transport while the server expects framed, or vice versa. I suppose a similar cause could be something that is not a Thrift client at all mistakenly connecting to Cassandra's Thrift port.