And when i try to recreate the keyspace 'XYZ' ,it gives a Ttransport exception.
Can you provide the error ?

Having directories on disk will not stop keyspaces or column families from being created.

If this is a test case, and you just want to keep moving, I would clear it all and start again.

If you are able to reproduce the fault can you raise a ticket on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

Cheers
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer