From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic CF
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 20:50:08 GMT
Oh you're right - that has changed in cql 3:
http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.1/configuration/storage_configuration#cf-storage-options

I'm not sure then why that wouldn't work as it seems valid with the option and its value (double).

On Jul 6, 2012, at 3:15 PM, Leonid Ilyevsky wrote:

> Thanks Jeremy, but this doesn't work for me. I am using cql3, because I need new features
like composite keys. The manual you pointed to is for 2.0.
> I have suspicion that cql3 does not support dynamic tables at all. Is there a manual
for cql3?

this one that says what the options are.  Looks like you need just 'default_validation'.

> http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.0/references/cql/index#cql-column-family-storage-parameters
>
> On Jul 6, 2012, at 2:13 PM, Leonid Ilyevsky wrote:
>
>> Can I create a dynamic Cf using cql3? What is the syntax?
>>
>> Here is what I tried:
>>

>> cqlsh:test> create table mytest (
>>        ... asset ascii, datetime int, count int, primary key(asset, datetime) )
>>        ...  with default_validation_class = double;
>> Bad Request: default_validation_class is not a valid keyword argument for CREATE
TABLE

>> This email, along with any attachments, is confidential and may be legally privileged
or otherwise protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or use of
the contents of this email is strictly prohibited and may be in violation of law. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, forwarding or distribution of this email
is strictly prohibited and this email and any attachments should be deleted immediately. This
email and any attachments do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer
to purchase any interest in any investment vehicle sponsored by Moon Capital Management LP
("Moon Capital"). Moon Capital does not provide legal, accounting or tax advice. Any statement
regarding legal, accounting or tax matters was not intended or written to be relied upon by
any person as advice. Moon Capital does not waive confidentiality or privilege as a result
of this email.