From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: hector timeouts
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2012 18:39:19 GMT
Using Cassandra as a queue is generally thought of as a bas idea, owing to the high delete
workload. Levelled compaction handles it better but it is still no the best approach.

Depending on your needs consider running http://incubator.apache.org/kafka/

> could you share some details on this?  we're using hector and we see random timeout warns
in the logs and not sure how to address them.
First determine if they are server side or client side timeouts. Then determine what the query
was.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer