From Fredrik Stigbäck <>
Subject JNA on Windows
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 17:57:28 GMT
I have a question regarding JNA and Windows.
I read about the problem that when taking snapshots might require the
process space x 2 due to how hardlinks are created.
Is JNA for Windows supported?
Looking at jira issue looks like it but
checking in the Cassandra code base
org.apache.cassandra.utils.CLibrary the only thing I see, is
Native.register("c") which tries to load the c-library but I think
doesn't exists on Windows which will result in creating links with cmd
or fsutil and which might then triggger these extensive memory
I'd be happy if someone could shed some light on this issue.

View raw message