From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: BulkLoading SSTables and compression
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 11:51:01 GMT
On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM, jmodha <jmodha@gmail.com> wrote:
> Out of interest, we're not specifying a specific chunk size on the schema
> (in the hope that it would just use the default of 64kb), so it reads
> something like:

Actually, we've had bugs related to the handling of the chunk size in early 1.0
releases and if I remember correctly that was fully fixed only in
1.0.5. So it is
possible that your 1.0.3 sstables are cmpressed but with a ridiculously low
chunk size (like 64 bytes instead of 64K), which would amount to no
compression.

In that case then yes it is a bug, but one that has been fixed by
upgrading to 1.1.

--
Sylvain