From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: CQL3 and column slices
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:11:54 GMT
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Josep Blanquer
<blanquer@rightscale.com> wrote:
> is there some way to express that in CQL3? something logically equivalent to
>
> SELECT *  FROM bug_test WHERE a:b:c:d:e > 1:1:1:1:2    ??

No, there isn't. Not currently at least. But feel free of course to
open a ticket/request on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA.

I note that I would be curious to know the concrete use case you have
for such type of queries. It would also help as an argument to add
such facilities more quickly (or at all). Typically, "we should
support it in CQL3 because it was possible with thrift" is
definitively an argument, but a much weaker one without concrete
examples of why it might be useful in the first place.

--
Sylvain