From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Increased replication factor not evident in CLI
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 00:16:02 GMT
Possibly the bug with nanotime causing cassandra to think the change
happened in the past. Talked about onlist in past few days.
On Thursday, July 12, 2012, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> Do multiple nodes say the RF is 2 ? Can you show the output from the CLI
? Do show schema and show keyspace say the same thing ?
> Cheers
>

> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
> On 13/07/2012, at 7:39 AM, Dustin Wenz wrote:
>
> We recently increased the replication factor of a keyspace in our
cassandra 1.1.1 cluster from 2 to 4. This was done by setting the
replication factor to 4 in cassandra-cli, and then running a repair on each
node.

> Everything seems to have worked; the commands completed successfully and
disk usage increased significantly. However, if I perform a describe on the
keyspace, it still shows replication_factor:2. So, it appears that the
replication factor might be 4, but it reports as 2. I'm not entirely sure
how to confirm one or the other.

> Since then, I've stopped and restarted the cluster, and even ran an
upgradesstables on each node. The replication factor still doesn't report
as I would expect. Am I missing something here?