From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Connected file list in Cassandra
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 21:54:49 GMT
Can pages appear in many documents ? If not try this

Document CF:
row_key: doc_id
column: <page_number:page_id> page_number is the order of pages, page_id is the row
key for below

Page CF:
row_key: page_id
columns:
	- doc_id
	- page_data

If you know the page_id, read the doc_id from Page CF, then iterate over the Document CF and
read from Page CF.

Hope that helps.

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 12/07/2012, at 7:47 AM, David Brosius wrote:

> why not just hold the pages as different columns in the same row? columns are automatically
sorted such that if the column name was associated with the page number it would automatically
flow the way you wanted.

e.g. PDF file cut into pages (multiple PDFs) where first page is connected to second, second
to third etc.
> This "files connec tion/lin k" is not specified. Main goal is to be able to get all "linked
files" (the whole PDF/ all pages) while having only key to first file (page).

> Is there any Cassandra tool/feature which could help me to do that or the only way is
to create some wrapper holding keys relations?