From Leonid Ilyevsky <lilyev...@mooncapital.com>
Subject RE: Cannot create CF in Cassandra 1.1.2
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:54:44 GMT
No, I am using cql 3, but it should not matter. The point is, it used to work, and I am sure
that if I just clean up the whole thing and start from scratch, it will work again. Something
got corrupted.
But I will give a shot to the cli, just to rule out any cql 3 issues.

-----Original Message-----
From: rohit bhatia [mailto:rohit2412@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:40 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cannot create CF in Cassandra 1.1.2

I believe u r using cassandra-cli.
Please use "help create" for the proper syntax..
See http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/DataModel/ for cassandra datamodel.

Also, the flushing events are expected.

For example
run "create keyspace <name1>"
, "use <name1>"
, "create column family <name2>"

This should work with default settings..
On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:34 PM, Leonid Ilyevsky
<lilyevsky@mooncapital.com> wrote:
> My cassandra used to work fine, now it does not create a table. No error message, but
the table is not there. I execute "create table" statement many times, the same thing. When
I do it, I see in the system.log the the lines below.
> What can be the problem?
> Pre-history: before I noticed it is broken, I went through some issues related to the
lack of space, so I was adding more storage and restarting both servers (I have my thing partitioned
between 2 nodes).

flush of Memtable-schema_columnfamilies@766316124(1520/1900 serialized/live bytes, 20 ops)
> INFO [FlushWriter:5] 2012-07-31 13:51:20,091 Memtable.java (line 266) Writing Memtable-schema_columnfamilies@766316124(1520/1900
serialized/live bytes, 20 ops)
> INFO [FlushWriter:5] 2012-07-31 13:51:20,155 Memtable.java (line 307) Completed flushing
/Data_Store1/cassandra/data/system/schema_columnfamilies/system-schema_columnfamilies-hd-54-Data.db
(1575 bytes) for commitlog position ReplayPosition(segmentId=3346642617210212, position=12976)
flush of Memtable-schema_columns@2106973490(2048/2560 serialized/live bytes, 30 ops)
> INFO [FlushWriter:5] 2012-07-31 13:51:20,157 Memtable.java (line 266) Writing Memtable-schema_columns@2106973490(2048/2560
serialized/live bytes, 30 ops)
> INFO [FlushWriter:5] 2012-07-31 13:51:20,211 Memtable.java (line 307) Completed flushing
/Data_Store1/cassandra/data/system/schema_columns/system-schema_columns-hd-54-Data.db (2111
bytes) for commitlog position ReplayPosition(segmentId=3346642617210212, position=12976)

> This email, along with any attachments, is confidential and may be legally privileged
or otherwise protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or use of
the contents of this email is strictly prohibited and may be in violation of law. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, forwarding or distribution of this email
is strictly prohibited and this email and any attachments should be deleted immediately.
This email and any attachments do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an
offer to purchase any interest in any investment vehicle sponsored by Moon Capital Management
LP ("Moon Capital"). Moon Capital does not provide legal, accounting or tax advice. Any statement
regarding legal, accounting or tax matters was not intended or written to be relied upon by
any person as advice. Moon Capital does not waive confidentiality or privilege as a result
of this email.