From Leonid Ilyevsky <lilyev...@mooncapital.com>
Subject How to speed up data loading
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 20:42:30 GMT
I am loading a large set of data into a CF with composite key. The load is going pretty slow,
hundreds or even thousands times slower than it would do in RDBMS.
I have a choice of how granular my physical key (the first component of the primary key) is,
this way I can balance between smaller rows and too many keys vs. wide rows and fewer keys.
What are the guidelines about this? How the width of the physical row affects the speed of
load?

I see that Cassandra is doing a lot of processing behind the scene, even when I kill the client,
the server is still consuming a lot of CPU for a long time.

What else should I look at ? Anything in configuration?