From Leonid Ilyevsky <lilyev...@mooncapital.com>
Subject help using org.apache.cassandra.cql3
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 21:04:47 GMT
I am trying to use the org.apache.cassandra.cql3 package. Having problem connecting to the
server using ClientState.
I was not sure what to put in the credentials map (I did not set any users/passwords on my
server), so I tried setting empty strings for "username" and "password", setting them to bogus
values, passing null to the login method - there was no difference.
It does not complain at the login(), but then it complains about setKeyspace(<my keyspace>),
saying that the specified keyspace does not exist (it obviously does exist).
The configuration was loaded from cassandra.yaml used by the server.

I did not have any problem like this when I used org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra.Client
.

What am I doing wrong?

Appreciate your help,

Leonid