From Leonid Ilyevsky <lilyev...@mooncapital.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic CF
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 21:07:14 GMT
Thanks Derek, I actually saw your post, but this is not a good substitution for a real dynamic
table. Your trick will make a table with even more rows; I wanted wide rows so the reads and
writes would be more efficient.

From: Derek Williams [mailto:derek@fyrie.net]
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 4:58 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Dynamic CF

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Leonid Ilyevsky <lilyevsky@mooncapital.com<mailto:lilyevsky@mooncapital.com>>
wrote:
At this point I am really confused about what direction Cassandra is going. CQL 3 has the
benefit of composite keys, but no dynamic columns.
I thought, the whole point of Cassandra was to provide dynamic tables.

See my earlier post on the subject:
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg23160.html

You can have a dynamic table with CQL3, you just can't have a table with a mix of dynamic/nondynamic
columns.

--
Derek Williams