From Yuki Morishita <>
Subject Re: bulk load problem
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 14:43:11 GMT
Due to the change in directory structure from ver 1.1, you have to create the directory like

/path/to/sstables/<Keyspace name>/<ColumnFamily name>

and put your sstables.

In your case, I think it would be "/data/ssTable/tpch/tpch/cf0".
And you have to specify that directory as a parameter for sstableloader

bin/sstableloader -d /data/ssTable/tpch/tpch/cf0

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 7:07 PM, James Pirz wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am trying to use "sstableloader" in cassandra 1.1.1, to bulk load some data into a
single node cluster.
> I am running the following command:
> bin/sstableloader -d /data/ssTable/tpch/tpch/
> from "another" node (other than the node on which cassandra is running), while the data
should be loaded into a keyspace named "tpch". I made sure that the 2nd node, from which I
run sstableloader, have the same copy of cassandra.yaml as the destination node.
> I have put
> tpch-cf0-hd-1-Data.db
> tpch-cf0-hd-1-Index.db
> under the path, I have passed to sstableloader.
> But I am getting the following error:
> Could not retrieve endpoint ranges:
> Any hint ?
> Thanks in advance,