From Pierre-Yves Ritschard <...@spootnik.org>
Subject Re: going back in time
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 14:12:04 GMT
<mdione.ext@orange.com> writes:

> DeĀ : Pierre-Yves Ritschard [mailto:pyr@spootnik.org]
>> Snapshot and restores are great for point in time recovery. There's no
>> particular side-effect if you're willing to accept the downtime.
>
>   Are you sure? The system KS has no book-keeping about the KSs/CFs?
> For instance, schema changes, etc?

Don't take my word for it, it's easy enough to fill up a small 3 node
cluster and play with it.

Here's a few more things that you should pay attention to:

- If you change the schema you are obviously going to have to reconverge
  to the previous schema.
- You want to avoid pending commitlog entries. If you want to load a
  full snapshot from scratch, the easiest route would be to drop the KS,
  recreate it with the expected schema and load your sstables from disk.