From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: forceUserDefinedCompaction in 1.1.0
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 10:17:32 GMT
Looks like it may have been overlooked when CF directories were added, can you create a ticket
on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

Thanks
-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 3/07/2012, at 1:15 AM, Pieter Callewaert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While I was typing my mail I had the idea to try with the new directory layout.
> It seems you have to change the parameter settings from 1.0 to 1.1
> In 1.0:
> Param 1: <keyspace name>
> Param 2: <datafile name>
> In 1.1:
> Param 1: <keyspace name>
> Param 2: <column family name>/<datafile name>
>
> Don’t know if this is a bug or a breaking change ?
>
> Kind regards,
> Pieter Callewaert

compaction on the old sstables which we are sure the data has expired.
> In 1.0 this works perfect, but in the 1.1 the command executes without error, but in
the log of the node I see the following:

> INFO [CompactionExecutor:546] 2012-07-02 15:05:11,837 CompactionManager.java (line 337)
Will not compact MapData024CTwT/MapData024CTwT-HOS-hc-21150: it is not an active sstable
> INFO [CompactionExecutor:546] 2012-07-02 15:05:11,838 CompactionManager.java (line 350)
No file to compact for user defined compaction

> I am pretty sure the sstable because it should contain partly expired data en partly
data which is still active.
> Does this have to do something with the new directory structure from 1.1 ? Or are the
parameters changed from the function?