From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Truncate failing with 1.0 client against 0.7 cluster
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 18:30:30 GMT
UnavailableException is a server side error, whats the full error message ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17/07/2012, at 5:31 AM, Guy Incognito wrote:

> i'm doing an upgrade of Cassandra 0.7 to 1.0 at the moment, and as part of the preparation
i'm upgrading to 1.0 client libraries (we use Hector 1.0-5) prior to upgrading the cluster
itself.  I'm seeing some of our integration tests against the dev 0.7 cluster fail as they
get UnavailableExceptions when trying to truncate the test column families.  This is new behaviour
with the 1.0 client libraries, it doesn't happen with the 0.7 libraries.

> It seems to fail immediately, it doesn't eg wait for eg the 10 second RPC timeout, it
fails straight away.  Anyone have any ideas as to what may be happening?  Interestingly I
seem to be able to get around it if i only tell Hector about one of the nodes (we have 4).
If I give it all four then it throws the UnavailableException.