From Guy Incognito <dnd1...@gmail.com>
Subject Truncate failing with 1.0 client against 0.7 cluster
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 17:31:15 GMT
i'm doing an upgrade of Cassandra 0.7 to 1.0 at the moment, and as part
of the preparation i'm upgrading to 1.0 client libraries (we use Hector
1.0-5) prior to upgrading the cluster itself.  I'm seeing some of our
integration tests against the dev 0.7 cluster fail as they get
UnavailableExceptions when trying to truncate the test column families.
This is new behaviour with the 1.0 client libraries, it doesn't happen
with the 0.7 libraries.

It seems to fail immediately, it doesn't eg wait for eg the 10 second
RPC timeout, it fails straight away.  Anyone have any ideas as to what
may be happening?  Interestingly I seem to be able to get around it if i
only tell Hector about one of the nodes (we have 4). If I give it all
four then it throws the UnavailableException.