From Thierry Templier <>
Subject Re: Enable CQL3 from Astyanax
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 08:25:37 GMT
Hello Aaron,

I try to simulate a composition relationship within a single column
family / table (for example, an entity and its fields). I dynamically
add columns the contained elements.

Let's take an example. Here is my table definition with CQL 3:

     "id" varchar,
     "name" varchar,
     PRIMARY KEY ("id")

If I want to store an entity with its two fields, I'll have the
following fields:

id: "myentityid"
name: "myentityname" "myfield1id" "myfield1name" "myfield2id" "myfield2name"

When accessing Cassandra data through Astyanax, I get all fields on a
"load" operation but not from a CQL3 request.

Thanks very much for your help.

> Can you provide an example ?
> select * should return all the columns from the CF.
> Cheers

View raw message