From Hontvári József Levente <hontv...@flyordie.com>
Subject Re: High CPU usage as of 8pm eastern time
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2012 08:49:03 GMT
Thank you for the mail. Same here, but I restarted the affected server
before I noticed your mail.

It affected both OpenJDK Java 6  (packaged with Ubuntu 10.04) and Oracle
Java 7 processes. Ubuntu 32 bit servers had no issues, only a 64 bit
machine.

Likely it is related to the leap second introduced today.

On 2012.07.01. 5:11, Mina Naguib wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Our cassandra (and other java-based apps) started experiencing extremely high CPU usage
as of 8pm eastern time (midnight UTC).