From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Node crashing during read repair
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 00:11:46 GMT
Is this still an issue ?

It looks like something shut down the messaging service. Was there anything else in the logs
?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 28/06/2012, at 3:49 AM, Robin Verlangen wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Today I found one node (running 1.1.1 in a 3 node cluster) being dead for the third time
this week, it died with the following message:

> ERROR [ReadRepairStage:3] 2012-06-27 14:28:30,929 AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line
134) Exception in thread Thread[ReadRepairStage:3,5,main]
> java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: ThreadPoolExecutor has shut down
>         at org.apache.cassandra.concurrent.DebuggableThreadPoolExecutor$1.rejectedExecution(DebuggableThreadPoolExecutor.java:60)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(Unknown Source)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.execute(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.net.MessagingService.receive(MessagingService.java:566)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.net.MessagingService.sendOneWay(MessagingService.java:439)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.net.MessagingService.sendRR(MessagingService.java:391)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.net.MessagingService.sendRR(MessagingService.java:372)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.net.MessagingService.sendRR(MessagingService.java:460)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.service.RowRepairResolver.scheduleRepairs(RowRepairResolver.java:136)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.service.RowRepairResolver.resolve(RowRepairResolver.java:94)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.service.AsyncRepairCallback$1.runMayThrow(AsyncRepairCallback.java:54)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.utils.WrappedRunnable.run(WrappedRunnable.java:30)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
>         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> Is this a common bug in 1.1.1, or did I get a "race" condition?
>
> --
> With kind regards,
>
> Robin Verlangen
> Software engineer
>
> W http://www.robinverlangen.nl
> E robin@us2.nl
>
> Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is intended solely
for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are reminded that the information remains the property of the sender.
You must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have received
this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and irrevocably delete this message
and any copies.