From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Snapshot issue in Cassandra 0.8.1
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 18:05:40 GMT
> #./nodetool -h localhost snapshot cassandra_01_bkup
tells cassandra to snapshot the keyspace called cassandra_01_bkup

To specify a name for the snapshot us the -t option

  snapshot [keyspaces...] -t [snapshotName] - Take a snapshot of the specified keyspaces using
optional name snapshotName

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17/07/2012, at 4:00 AM, Adeel Akbar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created snapshot with following command;
>
> #./nodetool -h localhost snapshot cassandra_01_bkup
>
> but the problem is, the snapshot is created on snapshot folder with different name (like
1342269988711) and I have no idea that if I used this command in script then how I gzip snapshot
with script. Please help me to resolve this issue.