From <mdione....@orange.com>
Subject going back in time
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 13:36:04 GMT
  One of the scenarios I have to have in account for a small Cassandra cluster (N=4) is
restoring the data back in time. I will have full backups for 15 days, and it's possible
that I will need to restore, let's say, the data from 10 days ago (don't ask, I'm not
going into the details why).

  I know/suspect that restores by KeySpace/ColumnFamily are possible (we haven't tested
yet), but I wonder if it would there any side effects of stopping all the nodes
(assuming cut to the other KS are OK), restoring the SSTables, and starting the nodes
one by one.

  So far we're thinking in RF=4, but also in RF=3 or at least RF<N in the future. Is
all this crazy talk or is it possible? Any side effects in the KS system and/or indexes
to have in account?

--
Marcos Dione
SysAdmin

et ne doivent donc
erreur, veuillez le signaler
susceptibles d'alteration,
France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou
falsifie. Merci.

be protected by law;
and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have been
modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.