From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Concerns about Cassandra upgrade from 1.0.6 to 1.1.X
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 09:34:26 GMT
The advice Tyler gave is the correct. Do a rolling upgrade, and shapshot if you want to have
a rollback.

My personal approach is to upgrade a node or two and let run for a few hours. Just to avoid
the situation where you uprade every node and then discover some problem that causes wailing
and gnashing of teeth.

In general, node by node:
* drain
* snapshot
* shutdown
* upgrade
* turn on.

When they are all up I snap shot again if there is space. Then run upgradetables.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton