On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Harshvardhan Ojha <Harshvardhan.Ojha@makemytrip.com> wrote:

Problem statement:

We are keeping daily generated data(user generated content) †in Cassandra, but our application is using only 15 days old data. So how can we archive data older than 15 days so that we can reduce load on Cassandra ring.

Can you put the new data to a different column family?

Note : we canít apply TTL, as this data may be needed in future.

From: aaron morton [mailto:aaron@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 6:57 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cassandra Data Archiving

I'm not sure on your needs, but the simplest thing to consider is snapshotting and copying off node.†

Cheers

-----------------

Aaron Morton

Freelance Developer

@aaronmorton

On 1/06/2012, at 12:23 AM, Shubham Srivastava wrote:

I need to archive my Cassandra data into another †permanent storage .

Two intent

1.To shed the unused data from the Live data.

2.To use the archived data for getting some analytics out or a potential source of DataWarehouse.

Any recommendations for the same in terms of strategies or tools to use.

Regards,

Shubham Srivastava|Technical Lead†- Technology Development

+91 124 4910 548 ††|†MakeMyTrip.com, 243 SP Infocity, Udyog Vihar Phase 1, Gurgaon, Haryana - 122 016, India

<image003.gif>
Office Map

<image004.gif>
Facebook