From Samuel CARRIERE <samuel.carri...@urssaf.fr>
Subject Recreate LevelCompacted SSTables with a new size
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 09:44:48 GMT
Hi,
We are using a 9 nodes cassandra cluster, and each node is currently
handling about 40GB of data.
Our CFs were created using LevedCompactionStrategy, with the default
options (size of SSTables = 5MB).
So the number of SSTables was going quite large, which led to problems
described in CASSANDRA-4142 (OOM during repair).

Since then, we have updated our CFs definitions to set the
sstable_size_in_mb option to 200MB. Now the newly created SSTables have
the size we expect (about 200Mb).
But now my question is : is there a way to compact or "scrub" the existing
small SSTables so that they are re-created with the new size ?
We didn't manage to do it with "nodetool scrub" : the sstables are
recreated with their original size.

Regards,
Samuel