From Filippo Diotalevi <fili...@ntoklo.com>
Subject Re: Query
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 08:57:45 GMT
Hi,
the Javadoc (or source code) of the me.prettyprint.hector.api.factory.HFactory class contains
all the examples to create keyspaces and column families.

To create a keyspace:

String testKeyspace = "testKeyspace";
KeyspaceDefinition newKeyspace = HFactory.createKeyspaceDefinition(testKeyspace);
cluster.addKeyspace(newKeyspace);

To create a column family and a keyspace:

String keyspace = "testKeyspace";
String column1 = "testcolumn";
ColumnFamilyDefinition columnFamily1 = HFactory.createColumnFamilyDefinition(keyspace, column1);
List<ColumnFamilyDefinition> columns = new ArrayList<ColumnFamilyDefinition>();

columns.add(columnFamily1);

KeyspaceDefinition testKeyspace =
HFactory.createKeyspaceDefinition(keyspace, org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy.class.getName(),
1, columns);
cluster.addKeyspace(testKeyspace);

--
Filippo Diotalevi

On Wednesday, 6 June 2012 at 07:05, MOHD ARSHAD SALEEM wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using Hector client for cassandra . I wanted to know how to create keyspace and
column family using API's to read and write data.