From Mohit Anchlia <mohitanch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Authentication
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 04:58:22 GMT

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 28, 2012, at 8:45 AM, Christof Bornhoevd <cbornhoevd@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are using Cassandra v1.0.8 with Hector v1.0-5 and would like to move our current system
to an operational setting based on Amazon AWS. What are best practices for addessing security
for Cassandra on AWS. Besides Security Groups in AWS how is Cassandra Client to Cluster authentication
handled best? There used to be a SimpleAuthenticator that has been moved to Examples.

> Any recommendations/experiences that you could share? Any hints and guidance is higly
appreciated.

Cassandra doesn't provide any security features so far. We wrote our own pluggable authoz
and authn that plugs into ldap. You might want to right something of your own that plugs in
was auto