From Roshni Rajagopal <Roshni.Rajago...@wal-mart.com>
Subject Re: Adding a new node to Cassandra cluster
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 09:39:30 GMT
Prakrati,

I believe even though you would specify one node in your code, internally the request would
be going to  any – perhaps more than 1 node based on your replication factors & consistency
level settings.
You can try this  by connecting to one node and writing to it and then reading the same data
from another node. You can see this replication happening via CLI as well.

Regards,
Roshni

From: "R. Verlangen" <robin@us2.nl<mailto:robin@us2.nl>>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 02:30:40 -0700
To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Adding a new node to Cassandra cluster

You might consider using a higher level client (like Hector indeed). If you don't want this
you will have to write your own connection pool. For start take a look at Hector. But keep
in mind that you might be reinventing the wheel.

2012/6/4 Prakrati Agrawal <Prakrati.Agrawal@mu-sigma.com<mailto:Prakrati.Agrawal@mu-sigma.com>>
Hi,

I am using Thrift API and I am not able to find anything on the internet about how to configure
it for multiple nodes. I am not using any proper client like Hector.

Prakrati Agrawal | Developer - Big Data(I&D)| 9731648376 | www.mu-sigma.com<http://www.mu-sigma.com>