From Peter Schuller <peter.schul...@infidyne.com>
Subject Re: Invalid Counter Shard errors?
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 19:21:54 GMT
> We're running a three node cluster of cassandra 1.1 servers, originally
> 1.0.7 and immediately after the upgrade the error logs of all three servers
> began filling up with the following message:

The message you are receiving is new, but the problem it identifies is
not. The checking for this condition, and the logging, was added so
that certain kinds of counter corruption would be self-healed
eventually instead of remaining forever incorrect. Likely nothing is
wrong that wasn't before; you're just seeing it being logged now.

And I can confirm having seen this on 1.1, so the root cause remains
unknown as far as I can tell (had previously hoped the root cause were
thread-unsafe shard merging, or one of the other counter related
issues fixed during the 0.8 run).

--
/ Peter Schuller (@scode, http://worldmodscode.wordpress.com)