From Georg Köster <georg.koes...@gmail.com>
Subject Composite columns: CLI or CQL?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 00:42:29 GMT
Dear all,

I'm really excited about Cassandra's peer-to-peer architecture and sorted
values.

Currently I'm blocked in trials: I cannot insert longs into 'val' in:

create columnfamily entries (

    id varchar,

    va varchar,

    ts bigint,

    val bigint,

    PRIMARY KEY (id, va, ts)

);
I get validation errors (String didn't validate). I can insert strings as
much as I like. With int it seems to work, too.

Did I make a mistake? The error is somewhat spurious, very seldomly it goes
through, but I cannot really reproduce that situation. Another question is
of course if I can switch validation off for the time it's still buggy?

Since I don't get to trials: How fast is inserting a new column into the
middle of a 100,000 columns row anyways?

Cheers,
Georg