From Tamar Fraenkel <ta...@tok-media.com>
Subject Re: repair
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 14:50:37 GMT
Thanks, one more question. On regular basis, should I run repair for the
system keyspace?

*Tamar Fraenkel *
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media

[image: Inline image 1]

tamar@tok-media.com
Tel:   +972 2 6409736
Mob:  +972 54 8356490
Fax:   +972 2 5612956

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Viktor Jevdokimov <
Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com> wrote:

>  Why without –PR when recovering from crash?****
>
> ** **
>
> Repair without –PR runs full repair of the cluster, the node which
> receives a command is a repair controller, ALL nodes synchronizesreplicas at the same
time, streaming data between each other.
> ****
>
> The problems may arise:****
>
> **·         **When streaming hangs (it tends to hang even on a stable
> network), repair session hangs (any version does re-stream?)****
>
> **·         **Network will be highly saturated****
>
> **·         **In case of high inconsistency some nodes may receive a lot
> of data, disk usage much more than 2x (depends on RF)****
>
> **·         **A lot of compactions will be pending****
>
> ** **
>
> IMO, best way to run repair is from script with –PR for single CF from
> single node at a time and monitoring progress, like:****
>
> repair -pr node1 ks1 cf1****
>
> repair -pr node2 ks1 cf1****
>
> repair -pr node3 ks1 cf1****
>
> repair -pr node1 ks1 cf2****
>
> repair -pr node2 ks1 cf2****
>
> repair -pr node3 ks1 cf2****
>
> With some progress or other control in between, your choice.****
>
> ** **
>
> Use repair with care, do not let your cluster go down.****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>

>    Best regards / Pagarbiai
> *Viktor Jevdokimov*
> Senior Developer
>
> Email: Viktor.Jevdokimov@adform.com
> Phone: +370 5 212 3063, Fax +370 5 261 0453
> J. Jasinskio 16C, LT-01112 Vilnius, Lithuania
> Follow us on Twitter: @adforminsider <http://twitter.com/#!/adforminsider>
> What is Adform: watch this short video <http://vimeo.com/adform/display>
>  [image: Adform News] <http://www.adform.com>
>
> Disclaimer: The information contained in this message and attachments is
> intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee and may be
> confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are reminded that
> the information remains the property of the sender. You must not use,
> disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If you have
> received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and
> irrevocably delete this message and any copies.

use. When you're recovering from a crash use it without -