From Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <noble.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Limited row cache size
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 07:13:47 GMT
hi,
I configured my server with a row_cache_size_in_mb : 1920

When  started the server and checked  the JMX it shows the capacity is
set to 1024MB .

I investigated further and found that the version of
concurrentlruhashmap used is 1.2 which sets capacity max value to 1GB.

So, in cassandra 1.1 the max cache size I can use is 1GB

Digging deeper , I realized that throughout the API chain the cache
size is passed around as an int so even if I write my own
CacheProvider the max size would be Integer.MAX_VALUE = 2GB

unless cassandra changes the version of concurrentlruhashmap to 1.3
and change the signature to use a long for size, we can't have a big
cache. according to me 1 GB is a really small size.

So , even if I have bigger machines I can't really use them

Noble Paul