From Leonid Ilyevsky <lilyev...@mooncapital.com>
Subject Setting column to null
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 21:34:56 GMT
Is it possible to explicitly set a column value to null?

I see that if insert statement does not include a specific column, that column comes up as
null (assuming we are creating a record with new unique key).
But if we want to update a record, how we set it to null?

Another situation is when I use prepared cql3 statement (in Java) and send parameters when
I execute it. If I want to leave some column unassigned, I need a special statement without
that column.
What I would like is, prepare one statement including all columns, and then be able to set
some of them to null. I tried to set corresponding ByteBuffer parameter to null, obviously
got an exception.