From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Dead node still being pinged
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 19:05:47 GMT
Le 8 juin 2012 à 20:50, aaron morton a écrit :

> Are the old machines listed in the seed list on the new ones ?

No they don't.

The first of my old node was, when I was "migrating". But not anymore.

Nicolas

> Cheers
>
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 9/06/2012, at 12:10 AM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
>
>> I had a configuration where I had 4 nodes, data-1,4. We then bought 3 bigger machines,
data-5,7. And we moved all data from data-1,4 to data-5,7.
>> To move all the data without interruption of service, I added one new node at a time.
And then I removed one by one the old machines via a "remove token".

>> Everything was working fine. Until there was an expected load on our cluster, the
machine started to swap and become unresponsive. We fixed the unexpected load and the three
new machines were restarted. After that the new cassandra machines were stating that some
old token were not assigned, namely from data-2 and data-4. To fix this I issued again some
"remove token" commands.

>> Everything seems to be back to normal, but on the network I still see some packet
from the new cluster to the old machines. On the port 7000.