From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Setting column to null
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 18:28:52 GMT
You don't nee to set columns to null, delete the column instead.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 8/06/2012, at 9:34 AM, Leonid Ilyevsky wrote:

> Is it possible to explicitly set a column value to null?
>
> I see that if insert statement does not include a specific column, that column comes
up as null (assuming we are creating a record with new unique key).
> But if we want to update a record, how we set it to null?
>
> Another situation is when I use prepared cql3 statement (in Java) and send parameters
when I execute it. If I want to leave some column unassigned, I need a special statement without
that column.
> What I would like is, prepare one statement including all columns, and then be able to
set some of them to null. I tried to set corresponding ByteBuffer parameter to null, obviously
got an exception.

> This email, along with any attachments, is confidential and may be legally privileged
or otherwise protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized dissemination, copying or use of
the contents of this email is strictly prohibited and may be in violation of law. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, forwarding or distribution of this email
is strictly prohibited and this email and any attachments should be deleted immediately. This
email and any attachments do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer
to purchase any interest in any investment vehicle sponsored by Moon Capital Management LP
(“Moon Capital”). Moon Capital does not provide legal, accounting or tax advice. Any statement
regarding legal, accounting or tax matters was not intended or written to be relied upon by
any person as advice. Moon Capital does not waive confidentiality or privilege as a result
of this email.