From Prakrati Agrawal <Prakrati.Agra...@mu-sigma.com>
Subject Not getting all data from a 2 node cluster
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 06:49:47 GMT
Dear all

I am using Cassandra to retrieve a number of rows and columns stored in it.
Initially I had a 1 node cluster and I flooded it with data. I ran a Hector code to retrieve
data from it I got the following output:
Total number of rows in the database are 396
Total number of columns in the database are 16316426
Now I added one more node to it by doing the following steps:

1.       I added both the nodes ip addresses in the seeds property in Cassandra.yaml file.

2.       I also changed the rpc_address to 0.0.0.0 in both the nodes config file.

3.       I changed the listen_address to their respective ip addresses.

4.       I specified the initial token in the new node config file

5.       I did not specify auto_bootstrap option anywhere because there is no such option
available in Cassandra 1.1.0

6.       Then I restarted the first node and the new node
Now after adding the second node when I run the same Hector code, I am getting the following
result:
Total number of rows in the database are 183
Total number of columns in the database are 7903753
I am using the consistency level 1 and I did not specify any replication factor while creating
the keyspace. I used the following link for the reference:
http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.7/getting_started/configuring
Please tell me what step am I doing wrong to not get the entire data on a 2 node cluster ?
Thanks and Regards
Prakrati

________________________________
This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The information
transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may
be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the message
from your system.

Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are free
from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability for
any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
virus checking software.