From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: How to include two nodes in Java code using Hector
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 18:29:38 GMT
The client does not have to know where the data is, thats what the cluster works out see http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.0/cluster_architecture/about_client_requests

> Now I have decommissioned a node but now I don't know how to recommission it .Please
help me
http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.0/operations/cluster_management

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 6/06/2012, at 6:12 PM, Prakrati Agrawal wrote:

> Thank you for the reply.
> Now I have decommissioned a node but now I don't know how to recommission it .Please
help me

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Prakrati Agrawal | Developer - Big Data(I&D)| 9731648376 | www.mu-sigma.com

name. Thereafter internally which node serves the request or how many nodes need to be contacted
to read/write data depends on the cluster configuration i.e. Whats your replication strategy,
factor, consistency levels for the col family , how many nodes are there in the ring etc.
So you don't individually need to connect to each node via Hector client. Once you connect
to the cluster & keyspace, via any IP add of any node in the cluster, when you make Hector
calls to read/write data, it would automatically figure out the node level details and carry
out the task. You won't get 50% of the data, you will get all data.

> Also when you remove a node, your data will be unavailable ONLY if you don't have it
available in some other node as a replica..

> Regards,
>

> From: Prakrati Agrawal <Prakrati.Agrawal@mu-sigma.com<mailto:Prakrati.Agrawal@mu-sigma.com>>
> Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 20:05:21 -0700
> To: "user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>" <user@cassandra.apache.org<mailto:user@cassandra.apache.org>>
> Subject: RE: How to include two nodes in Java code using Hector
>
> But the data is distributed on the nodes ( meaning 50% of data is on one node and 50%
of data is on another node) so I need to specify the node ip address somewhere in the code.
But where do I specify that is what I am clueless about. Please help me

> Prakrati Agrawal | Developer - Big Data(I&D)| 9731648376 | www.mu-sigma.com

from both the nodes. Please help

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Prakrati Agrawal | Developer - Big Data(I&D)| 9731648376 | www.mu-sigma.com<http://www.mu-sigma.com>
>

> ________________________________
> This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The
information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited
and may be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message from your system.

> Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are
free from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability
for any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
virus checking software.

> ________________________________
> This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The
information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited
and may be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message from your system.

> Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are
free from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability
for any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
virus checking software.

> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
destroy it immediately. *** Walmart Confidential ***