From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra error while processing message
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 03:41:31 GMT
Check are using framed transport on the client.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 16/06/2012, at 2:40 AM, Jim Ancona wrote:

> It's hard to tell exactly what happened--are there other messages in your client log
before the "All host pools marked down"? Also, how many nodes are there in your cluster? I
suspect that the Thrift protocol error was (incorrectly) retried by Hector, leading to the
"All host pools marked down", but without more info that's just a guess.

> Jim
>
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 4:48 AM, Tiwari, Dushyant <Dushyant.Tiwari@morganstanley.com>
wrote:
> Hector : 1.0.0.1
>
> Cassandra: 1.0.3

down. Retry burden pushed out to client.

> [gsc][5/8454]           at me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.HConnectionManager.getClientFromLBPolicy(HConnectionManager.java:343)
>
> [gsc][5/8454]           at me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.HConnectionManager.operateWithFailover(HConnectionManager.java:225)
>
> [gsc][5/8454]           at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.operateWithFailover(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:131)
>
> [gsc][5/8454]           at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.batchMutate(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:102)
>
> [gsc][5/8454]           at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.batchMutate(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:108)
>
> [gsc][5/8454]           at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.MutatorImpl$3.doInKeyspace(MutatorImpl.java:248)
>
> [gsc][5/8454]           at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.MutatorImpl$3.doInKeyspace(MutatorImpl.java:245)
>
> [gsc][5/8454]           at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.KeyspaceOperationCallback.doInKeyspaceAndMeasure(KeyspaceOperationCallback.java:20)
>
> [gsc][5/8454]           at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.ExecutingKeyspace.doExecute(ExecutingKeyspace.java:85)
>
> [gsc][5/8454]           at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.MutatorImpl.execute(MutatorImpl.java:245)
>

> After some time a null pointer exception

> [gsc][5/8454]           at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.MutatorImpl.execute(MutatorImpl.java:243)
>

> Can someone please explain what is happening and how can I rectify it.
>

> Dushyant
>
> NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views
contained herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning
of Section 975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have
received this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify
the sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege.
Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor
electronic communications. This message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers. If you cannot access these links, please notify
us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley
you consent to the foregoing.