From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Dead node still being pinged
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 12:10:40 GMT
I had a configuration where I had 4 nodes, data-1,4. We then bought 3 bigger machines, data-5,7.
And we moved all data from data-1,4 to data-5,7.
To move all the data without interruption of service, I added one new node at a time. And
then I removed one by one the old machines via a "remove token".

Everything was working fine. Until there was an expected load on our cluster, the machine
started to swap and become unresponsive. We fixed the unexpected load and the three new machines
were restarted. After that the new cassandra machines were stating that some old token were
not assigned, namely from data-2 and data-4. To fix this I issued again some "remove token"
commands.

Everything seems to be back to normal, but on the network I still see some packet from the
new cluster to the old machines. On the port 7000.
How I can tell cassandra to completely forget about the old machines ?

Nicolas