From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Hector code not running when replication factor set to 2
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 09:07:51 GMT
It looks like the request used a CL higher than ONE.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 13/06/2012, at 6:49 PM, Prakrati Agrawal wrote:

> The error stack is as follows:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
>         at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)
> Caused by: me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HUnavailableException: : May not be enough
replicas present to handle consistency level.
>         at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.ExceptionsTranslatorImpl.translate(ExceptionsTranslatorImpl.java:59)
>         at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl$7.execute(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:285)
>         at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl$7.execute(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:268)
>         at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.Operation.executeAndSetResult(Operation.java:103)
>         at me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.HConnectionManager.operateWithFailover(HConnectionManager.java:258)
>         at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.operateWithFailover(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:131)
>         at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl.getSlice(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:289)
>         at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.thrift.ThriftSliceQuery$1.doInKeyspace(ThriftSliceQuery.java:53)
>         at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.thrift.ThriftSliceQuery$1.doInKeyspace(ThriftSliceQuery.java:49)
>         at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.KeyspaceOperationCallback.doInKeyspaceAndMeasure(KeyspaceOperationCallback.java:20)
>         at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.ExecutingKeyspace.doExecute(ExecutingKeyspace.java:85)
>         at me.prettyprint.cassandra.model.thrift.ThriftSliceQuery.execute(ThriftSliceQuery.java:48)
>         at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.ColumnSliceIterator.hasNext(ColumnSliceIterator.java:88)
>         at com.musigma.hectortest.HectorUtilTest.getAllColumns(HectorUtil.java:70)
>         at com.musigma.hectortest.HectorUtil.main(HectorUtil.java:168)
>         ... 5 more
> Caused by: UnavailableException()
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$get_slice_result.read(Cassandra.java:7204)
>         at org.apache.thrift.TServiceClient.receiveBase(TServiceClient.java:78)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.recv_get_slice(Cassandra.java:543)
>         at org.apache.cassandra.thrift.Cassandra$Client.get_slice(Cassandra.java:527)
>         at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.KeyspaceServiceImpl$7.execute(KeyspaceServiceImpl.java:273)
>         ... 18 more
>
> The node tool ring from the node I connected to looks like :
> Address         DC          Rack        Status State   Load            Effective-Owership
 Token

      85070591730234615865843651857942052864
> 162.192.100.16  datacenter1 rack1       Up     Normal  239.82 MB       100.00%
      0
> 162.192.100.9   datacenter1 rack1       Down   Normal  239.81 MB       100.00%
      85070591730234615865843651857942052864

> I did not find any error in the logs generated by Cassandra on the running machine.
>
> Please help me
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Prakrati

factor to 2 and brought down one node so that only 1 node was up and running. Then I ran my
Hector code on the running node. But it gave me Unavailable Exception. I also had a Thrift
code which ran successfully. I am confused as to why the Hector code did not run. Did I miss
something? Please help me.

> Thanks and Regards
> Prakrati
>

> This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The
information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited
and may be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message from your system.

> Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are
free from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability
for any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
virus checking software.