I think it make's sense and would be happy if you can share the incremental snapshot scripts.
Thanks!
Tamar Fraenkel
Senior Software Engineer, TOK Media

Inline image 1

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Shubham Srivastava <Shubham.Srivastava@makemytrip.com> wrote:
On another thought I am writing a code/script for taking a backup of all the nodes in a single DC , renaming data files with some uid and then merging them . The storage however would happen on some storage medium nas for ex which would be in the same DC. This would help in data copying a non hefty job.

Hopefully the one single DC data(from all the nodes in this DC) should give me the complete data just in case if RF >=1 .

The next improvement would be do do the same on incremental snapshots so that once you have a baseline data all the rest would be collecting chunks of increments alone and merging it with the original global snapshot.

I have do the same on each individual DC's.

Do you guys agree?

Regards,
Shubham