From Luís Ferreira <zamith...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Doubt in Row key range scan
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 10:37:53 GMT
Check this out: http://www.anuff.com/2011/02/indexing-in-cassandra.html#more

Or just google for wide row indexes.
On May 28, 2012, at 11:22 AM, Prakrati Agrawal wrote:

> Please could you tell me how to tweak my data model to rely on 2nd index ?
> Thank you
>

> Prakrati Agrawal | Developer - Big Data(I&D)| 9731648376 | www.mu-sigma.com

in order to rely on 2nd index for such filtering.
> - Pierre
> From: Prakrati Agrawal <Prakrati.Agrawal@mu-sigma.com>
> Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 04:39:46 -0500
> To: user@cassandra.apache.org<user@cassandra.apache.org>
> ReplyTo: user@cassandra.apache.org
> Subject: Doubt in Row key range scan
>
> Dear all
>
> I have stored my data into Cassandra database in the format “tickerID_date”. Now
when I specify the row key range like 1_2012/05/24(start) to 1_2012/05/27(end) it says that
the end key md5 value is lesser than start key md5 value. So I changed my start key to  1_2012/05/27
and end key to 1_2012/05/24, then I got all the keys even which are not in my range like 67_2012/05/23
and 54_2012/05/28. I am  using Thrift API.
> Please help me as I want only the columns of 1_2012/05/24, 1_2012/05/25 , 1_2012/05/26
and 1_2012/05/27.

> Prakrati Agrawal | Developer - Big Data(I&D)| 9731648376 | www.mu-sigma.com
>

> This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The
information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited
and may be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message from your system.

> Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are
free from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability
for any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
virus checking software.

> This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The
information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited
and may be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
message from your system.

> Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are
free from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability
for any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date
virus checking software.

Cumprimentos,
Luís Ferreira